Monday, June 13, 2005

Rocky Mountain High - Low - High - Low

We are back from our trip to the Rockies. It is beautiful there. People are friendly and active (oxygen deprived?). The only weird thing that I didn't like was that it was 85 in the sun and 50 in the shade .... and then would get down to 30 at night. What's with that?

I think that I am more of a beach person. Give me sun, sultry weather, miles and miles of white beach, cool clear ocean water, a comfortable beach chair with a canvas umbrella, a good book and a large frosty margeurita anytime and I'm set. I find it easy walking down that beach for miles and miles everyday, jumping in the water to cool down, vegging out in the shade and getting buzzed from the sun and the booze. heaven.

A very interesting place that we visited was Leadville. It's 10,000 feet above sea level. The people there are mostly lost in the 70's somewhere. Who needs weed when you brain is screaming for oxygen?

4 comments:

Casey said...

I wasn't sure if it was the altitude or the poor air quality in Mexico City, but either way it made me a bit slow and loopy. Glad to hear you guys had a great trip, and even better to hear you'd much prefer a nice beach, as do I!

P said...

weed?! who needs weed at sealevel? mom, what are you not telling me!

diane303 said...

Paula! You know, perfectly well, that if I did drugs, my drug of choice would be speed-related (love that caffeine). I can't stand walking around feeling like I have a fish bowl over my head.

Hate to sound smug, but, I am the most drug-free person that I know.

P said...

i know -- just jivin' ya! ;o)