Thursday, May 26, 2005

Moi? Passive Aggressive?

Senerio:
Co-worker: Diane, could you please scan a picture and print it for me?
Me: Oh, sure, no problem. (I do it promptly and give co-worker print out.)
Co-worker: Oh, thank you, thank you. You are the best. Um, Diane, could you please take some of the pink out and get rid of the spot in the middle?
Me: Sure, no problem. (I do it, again, and give co-worker print out.)
Co-worker: Oh, thank you, thank you. You are truly the best. Um, Diane, could you please make some more copies?
Me: Uh, sure, ....when I have time (like when pigs fly).
Co-worker: Hey, Di, where are my copies?
Me: Haven't been able to get to it (like when you need a parka in Hell).
Co-worker: Well, I never?
Me:Well, I guess you won't! Then I usually go do it because I feel evil.

Why can't I just say no in the first place.

1 comment:

P said...

here. how about this scenario: if it's one simple task, take care of it. if you have time, accommodate the second request. if you are busy, simply say, "you know what? i wish i could help you with that, but i'm pretty slammed at the moment. if you don't need this like anytime within the next, oh, n number of hours/weeks/months/millenia, i'll tackle it. otherwise, it'd be faster if someone else does it. saaaaa-rreeeeeee!"