Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Jack, My Bestest Friend



Last night I met my "Ditz" quota.

Trudy and I went to agility class and we did very well. It was a beautiful evening, so I decided to go to the dog park and let her play off leash. We had a good time. She met a handsome German Short Haired Pointer called Baron. We worked on some off-leash agility, using the excellent equipment that they have installed at the park. Life was fine.

We decided to go home....

I leashed Trudy and we walked to the car. Reached into my pocket to get my keys and
They were not there. Luckily a man was there to do some jogging....he let me use his cell phone to call Jack.

Jack could not find my extra set of keys at home...we were hoping that they were in the car (my inner-self just snickered). He came out to pick me up. We broke into my car (the rear window is plexiglass and we poked the toggle switch with a wire). My keys were not there (snickering inner self).

We left a note on my car and Jack drove me home. Luckily I found my extra keys on the kitchen floor behind my little lifty stool.

Jack drove me back out to the dog park (by the way, it's 1/2 hr. away) to pick up my car. It was 12:30 at night when we finally got home.

He never once yelled at me, glowered at me, called me stupid or tried to make me cry. He actually tried to make me laugh, instead. I asked him why he wasn't really really angry at me for losing my keys. He told me that it was because he loves me and and why would he want to make me feel worse that I already do, besides, he didn't wan't me to be angry at him the next time he needs me to rescue him...
(long sigh)....don't I know by now that that is what loving someone is all about? .......just try not to do it again.

Life with Jack is good




5 comments:

Ashley said...

Awww... what a great guy. Must make you feel so special that you have such a wonderful person in your life who cares about you.

diane303 said...

He never ceases to amaze me. If you met him, you probably wouldn't be impressed until you sat down to talk to him. He is 1)straight forward and truthful - never afraid to "put his cards on the table 2)really interested in people 3)well read in many subjects.

He is also the last person in the world to describe himself as amazing.

P said...

that is so wonderful. when you find someone with whom you can really share trust and support, there is nothing better. you are truly an amazing match.

P said...

oh -- by the way: where were the original set of keys?

diane303 said...

I keep a step stool in the corner of the counter top by the lazy susan. I usually throw by keys up there and must have swept them off while cleaning. I checked the floor and saw them peeking out from under the stool.

God - it cost me $98 to get a new key clut. Live and learn!