Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Camp Erwin

FAUNA'S FABULOUS ADVENTURE CONTINUES...


Well, here I am with my new friends, Trudy and Grace at Camp Erwin. Boy was I tired after a long ride with lots of nice people from Warren Michigan.

I missed my Foster Mom, Lisa and my foster family and all, but there are lots of things to do out here, too.

I've been a really good camper here at Camp Erwin. Mom takes me for walks with the other girls around the 'hood'. I'm real good at walking on a leash and could teach the other girls a thing or two about it.

Here is my friend Gracie. She is an Illinois Bird Dog Rescue dog, too. We are getting to be best buds. She showed me around the yard and where all the bird nests are.

















I had to learn about the e-fence. The special collars that we wear let us know how far we can go out into the yard with out being bothered by the "Invisible Zap Monster". The collar beeps to let me know that the Zap monster is close. I like it 'cause I can run around and check out all the birds and stuff without worrying. My Foster Mom says I'm real smart because I learned really fast. Now when she gets the special beep collars out, I know I'll be havin' fun.




Here is me and Trudy posing on the back porch. We are both setters and look like we could be sisters. Trudy was a little snobby when I first came, but now we play and run in the yard together all the time with Grace. When we all go for walks with My Foster Mom, she says that we look like a pointer between two setter book ends.


Here we in the yard pointing at the doves in the apple tree!






Grace stands guard next to the tree and watches these birds all the time. I get a little bored and have to play with Trudy some of the time.

Here are the doves. There is a Momma and two babies.



Yesterday, they flew away. My Foster Dad was all nervous about us messin' with the babies. But they are OK.




It's real nice her and all, My Foster Mom is teaching me to "sit" and calls me for a treat about a zillion times a day. I went to a big dog show and met lots of people and was there to watch Trudy strut her stuff.

I wish I could find a forever home, though, so I can have my own Momma and Dad like Trudy and Gracie do.

3 comments:

L. said...

Those are awesome pictures! Did you take them? Of course, the dogs make for a great subject.

L.

Dina said...

how cute. i hope little fawna finds a "forever home" like yours.

diane303 said...

L. - Thanks. They keep me laughing when I am not vacuuming and cleaning up poop. Fauna's a good girl. I just don't want yet a third dog in this already hair filled house.

Dina, - Boy do I, too! They actually turned one couple away because they think that Fauna's a fence jumper and all they had was a 4' fence! Arrgghh.