Wednesday, November 17, 2004

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger - yeah right


CLICK ON IMAGE TO READ COMIC
The Holiday Season - where can I buy a temporary robot brain on the web?


I talked to my "totally amazing" older sister today. She's stressing - I'm amazed that she would admit this to me. She confided that she has had many invitations for Thanksgiving via her children and has decided that she would rather spend a quiet dinner with her crazy real estate partner and his wife instead.

I've always considered the holidays like hunkering down and pushing through a horrible storm. This is the time that I most long to be a Stepford Wife.

1 comment:

P said...

we need to deconstruct what holidays have always meant to us and do something *different*, perhaps. if it's broke, fix it, right?

momma, if you hate doing all the martha stewart stuff, for the love of insider trading, stop doing it! we should all try to just go away for christmas some year. plan a year in advance. let's stay in a condo, eat out, lay on a beach or just enjoy a non-midwestern clime. forget scads of gifts - enjoying each other's company peacefully is a real holiday for me!

incidentally, aren't we doing secret santa this year? or is it grab bag? we need to figure out how to do this. i'm all for the banishment of equating the birth of jesus with excessive consumption. santa ain't real, 'member?